We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Can't see own website from home.

justjill

Likes # 0

Hello. Further to my post yesterday:

I recently set up a website with Hostroute and have experienced a lot of downtime. Yesterday we were unable to view our website at all or access it by FTP and a test email we sent to it came back as "DNS Error: Domain name not found". I have submitted a ticket to Hostroute's helpdesk and all they have done is ask what errors I'm getting (which I'd already told them) and close the ticket without helping me.

Curiously, my husband was able to access the domain from an internet cafe this afternoon but I still can't access it at home.

Is there something we have done wrong at home? It was fine the previous day and we could access it via FTP. Why can't we see our own website from home? Any ideas?

Any suggestions for more helpful web hosts would also be welcome!

The website is click here Can anyone else see it?

Like this post
Technotiger

Likes # 0

I am not expert enough to be able to provide any actual help, but your link certainly opens up for me fine.

Good luck anyway.

Like this post
MAT ALAN

Likes # 0

Opens fine for me XP Home SP3 firefox... (Sky BB)

Like this post
Technotiger

Likes # 0

Perhaps not the exact answer, but why not try a System Restore back to when it was fine!

Like this post
justjill

Likes # 0

Thanks for the replies. We've tried to restore to 5 different restore points and it fails every time.

A bit more info, though - my husband tried to view the site on his phone using our wireless network and couldn't see it, but it was fine when he tried it on WAP, so might it be something to do with the router? The thing is, we haven't changed any settings and it is only this website (or, rather, 4 websites on the same server with the same host) that we can't see. Everything else works fine and we have another website on a different server with the same host and it works too. Baffled!

Like this post
anchor

Likes # 0

Your link opened up here without problem.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony PlayStation 5 release date, price and specs UK: When is the PS5 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

New Apple TV release date rumours, features: 'new Apple TV next week' rumour

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

How the Oculus Rift VR headset is helping train the surgeons of tomorrow