We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Google checkout integration

slightlymad

Likes # 0

I want to transfer my current website to a new domain, but I'm worried about breaking the Google checkout setup.

I bought a shopping cart system (Host Director) and the developer integrated this with Google Checkout for me, so I have no idea how it was done. If I move the site, is it as simple as changing the API callback URL in my Google Checkout settings?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

click here

and come back to your thread if you get stuck.

Like this post
slightlymad

Likes # 0

...for such a speedy and helpful response.

Everything is clear in the first two paragraphs - if provide the APR callback URL and a secure certificate then I'm good to go - is that right?

I take it that I can disregard the 3rd paragraph and beyond: "Please also note that, for Live mode...". This doesn't mean anything to me and I'm hoping it's irrelevant....

Like this post
slightlymad

Likes # 0

'Live mode' means 'not test mode'.

I don't see that the original developer created an htaccess file but the current order process works OK, so I'm going to go ahead and copy the whole site over.

I won't close this thread just yet as it can't be as simple as that... it never is...

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

and if you get into difficulties we'll sort it all out together via this thread.

Like this post
slightlymad

Likes # 0

Thanks for your encouragement - this is something I been put off for four months, so scared was I... But armed with your support, off I set... and it was a BREEZE. All Google needed to know was the Callback URL, for message-sending purposes.

I'm pleased pink - the only moment of terror was when I realised that I would need to export the shopping cart database from the old site to the new, something I've never done before. Both websites are hosted with Heart Internet, and turned out to be a doddle using their import/export facility.

Me very happy.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Just graduated? Learn all you need to know to kickstart your career in our Creative Graduate Guide