We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Free Back Up Software

n8-digi

Likes # 0

Hi all,

I am just wondering if anybody knows of a good free backup utility for windows servers (2000 - 2008) as im kind of sick of the errors that keep getting thrown up from the microsoft utility.

I have worked with many different utilities before so i will easily adapt, the software will be first implemented to our own server then if successful to a few of our customers too.

Any ideas welcome :D

Thanks Guys,

Nath

Like this post
Jim_F

Likes # 0

I'm not sure from your post whether this is user data or the system image but theres plenty over at Sourceforge and the price is always right :) click here

Although not free for system images I prefer the Paragon tools as they can recover a boot partition from DVD or portable disk but to make this workable you need to keep user data seperate from the system parition.

In Vista I use shadow copy for may main machine data but prefer to run it when convenenient or to schedule rather than as a background task - I would have thought this would suite server operation too-what problems are you getting ?.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...