It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion
NAS Recommendations/Help.... PLEASE
Likes # 0
Posted January 4, 2009 at 6:29PM
I'm desperately need some advice. I'm extending my office to include five employees. One of which will need access to files remotely. Only two will access the files at the same time during the day. The others work shifts and therefore it is unlikely to need files at the same time.
I've been researching the possiblity of a NAS. However there are some many of the market and the reviews are very poor.
I'm looking for something:
- provides a central file sharing point
-low cost - max £130.00
-Min input needed - I'm not technical and dont really have the time to be messing around with this.
- Allow for easy automated backup. I currently back each PC online overnight. However if all files are held centrally then we need to be able to backup this hardware just as easily
- allow us to retrieve files offsite
- Ideally (if possible) allow us to gain access to our database software on one PC - not essential
- music streaming is not essential - we only store documents, emails, and a low amount of photos
- Would also be great if for storage of documents so our support staff can obtain files when needed
I did explore the possibly of using a standalone pc - however space can sometimes be an issue.
I would appreciate your advice and recommendations on best possible solution - ideally not to technical.
Likes # 0
Posted February 20, 2011 at 11:46PM
The thread was posted over two years ago - I imagine the problem has been resolved.
Reply to this topic
This thread has been locked.