We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Website Hosting

The Brigadier

Likes # 0

I'm looking to set up a basic website.
Looking to get .com/.co.uk & .net
Basic website nothing to fancy + hosting for a year + .com email.
So who's the best to go with within the UK?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

this is probably the most common question, and there dozens of threads in the archive. A search will reveal all.

Like this post
The Brigadier

Likes # 0

Cheers for the input!

Like this post
MAJ

Likes # 0

So much for 'the season of goodwill to all men'.

Like this post
cjc18967

Likes # 0

I'm new to this forum and I don't have time to read all the available articles like 'The Brigadier'. This is a problem with these Forums especially if you don't use it all the time. The Brigadier has posted a question for other forum users to get back to him with some sort of guidance espcially those who know the full contents of the forums. Also how up to date is the information especially regarding Hosting.

Like this post
cjc18967

Likes # 0

Hi
I would recommend 'Hostpapa', if you pay them for 12 months in one go then you get a free domain name and unlimited space for uploading your websites.

It works out to be £70 including VAT

That wasn't hard was it, a forum is to help those in need.

Like this post
MAJ

Likes # 0

...I forgot to give The Brigadier my answer, apologies for that. Personally I like Heart Internet click here They have reasonably priced hosting packages, domain name registration, excellent customer service and reliable servers.

Like this post
The Brigadier

Likes # 0

I was mostly after advice or views from others who may know of a good deal/s going on.

Like this post
The Brigadier

Likes # 0

We are going to use easily for a few domain names.
+ hosting for 1 year & basic email.
Easily are not the cheapest but we have used them before.

All OK to lock thread if you want FE

Like this post
Jackie21

Likes # 0

You can consider a hosting package from click here . Great prices and 24x7 support. Give them a try :)

Like this post
pcmags

Likes # 0

I tried a few for hosting & found easily to be very good.
OK they are more expensive than others but the service offered is good, more so if your new to having a website & are not having much traffic visiting your site.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback