We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PC Security

richmill

Likes # 0

I have just been given the job at work of ensuring the few - non-networked PCs we have aren't 'interfered with' or misused. I guess I need to prevent use of Control Panel and access to system files as well as prevent any unapproved software being loaded. You know the sort of thing. Can anyone suggest or recommend any software?

Thanks

Like this post
LastChip

Likes # 0

If it's XP Pro, you may be able to do it via group policy.

But, Windows is generally insecure to anyone that knows what they're doing. Never-the-less, you can lock it down as far as the casual user is concerned.

Like this post
GANDALF <|:-)>

Likes # 0

click here will lock the control panel.
click here costs around $30 but is very good.

Like this post
brundle

Likes # 0

This is quite useful, if rather easily located with Google...click here.

Like this post
richmill

Likes # 0

Thanks for your input guys

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...