We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Dell Mini 9 Vodafone

redwaz

Likes # 0

Have purchased a Dell Mini Netbook to update on the move, but it isnt very good at uploading my files via Dreamweaver, has anybody else had problems?

the site comes out in a page of gobbledegook?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

from Dreamweaver there's no reason why it shouldn't work - the computer itself can't affect the code that goes up to the server.

What happens when you preview the site in your browser on the Netbook - does it look OK then?

Like this post
Kate B

Likes # 0

Are you using the onboard Vodafone sim card to connect to the web? If so, that depends on your mobile signal, plus you're going to get pitiful upload speeds with that. If you can, use a Wi-Fi hotspot to upload. I don't know if the slow upload will be causing the problems you're having, but I bet it won't be helping.

Like this post
redwaz

Likes # 0

Yes I am using the onboard Vodafone Sim, I think this is the problem aswell. Sometimes it works then others it mucks thepage up, have been sitting under the mast?! to get a good signal and it still doesnt work.

Like you said have to find a hotspot and upload there.

Thanks for that anyway.

One little thing, about the netbook, sent the first one back because the battery wouldnt charge, this one if you press the one button it freezes so you have to ctr-alt-del cross off then its fine, strange.

cheers again

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

10 mind-blowing Oculus Rift experiments that reveal VR's practical potential

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & other Black Friday tech offers