We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

GOOGLE SITES

Mugtree

Likes # 0

I've been recommended to look at "Google Sites" for creating free web pages - I'd be interested to know if anyone has any comments about them, or experience of them - ???

Like this post
PC Advisor Fan

Likes # 0

i have

its ok but i would much rather use paid hosting

Like this post
Mugtree

Likes # 0

Hello there,
Many thanks for your reply - I've just been experimenting with Google Sites and have found it quite easy to get a good looking web page. But I just wondered if there are any downsides to it, as it's free, and after a bit of playing around, not difficult to use.

Problem with the paid ones, as far as I see it, is that you've got to pay your money before you see what you're getting (in the way of templates, and how much flexibility you get with page design). At least with the free ones you can open up a website and have a good play around first.

I really only want a small fairly simple website, and Google sites seems to offer a bit of flexibility for page design that some of the other free ones don't.

Like this post
sean-278262

Likes # 0

Try sites like 100mb.com who do free hosting with no ads. I have used them as a starting point myself and gives you a good taste for the web while still getting a lot of paid for features freely and those you cant get cheaply as a one off charge.

A

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon, Argos, eBay,...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers