We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How Does One Embed Links in a MySQL Table

thegreypanther

Likes # 0

I have managed to grasp a sufficient knowledge of PHP / MySQL to get the beginnings of a searchable on-line database. My prototype search / retrieve pages are on
click here
(The data accessed contains 146 surnames all starting with "A").
My next objective is to set up embedded links in the retrieved data, so that a user can select a highlighted memorial and be taken to the page where the data for that memorial is found.

BUT I NEED HELP AND GUIDANCE!

Are there any on-line tutorials where I could get a readily understood "How To" on setting about this objective?

Like this post
tobyb121

Likes # 0

What I woul do is have a column where the link is stored as you want it to be, e.g. h t t p : / / w w w . g o o g l e . c o m, and then in php echoing anchor tags to your output, if you want a script example I can help you with it. Also make sure all links are given with http:// at the begining or the browser will recognize them as in site links

Like this post
thegreypanther

Likes # 0

Many thanks for the offer toby121.
Fortunately, another Toby, - whose link is given at the bottom of the page for inputting search data on this particular website,
click here
was kind enough to get me out of the jam I was in and supplied the coding.
Or maybe you are the same Toby?!

The searchable database of WW1 Memorials for men of the Yorkshire Regiment now contains the references to the graves and memorials for over 4,500 soldiers of that regiment. Seems to work absolutely fine.
click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Gear S (Solo) curved-screen smartwatch confirmed: release date, price and specs UK

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

Apple 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review and the mystery of the processor benchmarks