We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Java Script

woodchip

Likes # 0

I have had to turn it off in Flock Browser, As it was stopping PCA pages from loading fully, plus I got Login Problems. I posted it hear for those who know about web page design. Can this be a problem having it turned off? Web Pages all now load okay and faster

Like this post
Kemistri

Likes # 0

If you browse sites that require JavaScript to provide genuinely useful or important functionality, then you will miss out. If you hit a badly coded site that relies unnecessarily on JavaScript to run its menus, then you cannot navigate through it. People who don't like JS usually use Firefox and install a script blocker add-on that provides easy white-listing of sites that need JS while minimising its intrusion at other times.

Like this post
MogsyDude22

Likes # 0

Hi,

I am relatively new to Javascript but do understand a bit about it, I have been working on a form that contains all dropdown menus that contain answers to the question that are asked. I have the values of the dropdown boxes setup fine and all the functions to validate the form are fine as far as I am aware as it works in Internet Explorer. But I cannot for the life of me get the Popup alerts to work in FireFox or Google Chrome. And also the submit button down the bottom of the page does not work either in FireFox or Google Chrome.

This is the code I have, can anybody please shed some light on this...

function formVal()
{
var dd = document.getElementById;

if(dd('tes1').value == "na")
{
alert('Test question 1?');
dd('test1').focus();
return false;
}

if(dd('test2').value == "na")
{
alert('Test question 2?');
dd('test2').focus();
return false;
}

if(dd('test3').value == "na")
{
alert('Test question 3?');
dd('test3').focus();
return false;
}

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

You would be better creating a New Thread as I closed this one, Create it with a Header that is appropriate to your question. You may then get some help on creating Web pages and JavaScript

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...