We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Can't get changes to my home page to upload

dobbin

Likes # 0

I have tried to write a few things at the bottom of my home page[not designed by me] to try and improve the SEO. I have done this using Expression Web2 and when pre-viewed in browser it all looks just as I want it to. However after publishing, the changes do not show up and when I look at the source code I see the additions do not appear to be there. Could there be some sort of code written in by the web designer which prevents any alterations from being uploaded?

Like this post
cortez©

Likes # 0

It's unlikely some code could prevent you from uploading changes. Maybe if you link to the site you'll get more specific help.

Like this post
MAJ

Likes # 0

Or....... did you refresh the page? Ctrl + F5 a couple of times usually does it, if, as fourm member says, the files are in the correct folder on the server.

Like this post
dobbin

Likes # 0

I am sure you are right fourm member I have had a good poke around but damned if I can see the anomoly. I think I will delete everything on the remote site and publish everything again.

Like this post
gerri-atrick

Likes # 0

All first pages on a site have to be index.htm or html and it has been known for someone to use the same page renamed to home.html for when the menu button "home" is pressed the title bar has home.html in it instead of index.html maybe thats the case here as if you are doing up home.html then the first page loading will be index.html and you wont see the changes ......just a thought but i have seen it done ;)

If not then its a file structure thing or your not uplaoding to over write the correct page (basically the same as above.

Dont worry this reply is confusing me as well :))

Like this post
dobbin

Likes # 0

thanks for that gerri-atrick, I did understand what you are getting at. Both files are called index and I have uploaded to overwrite but I am sure it is a file structure problem. I'll get there in the end I just need to spend some time on it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Just graduated? Learn all you need to know to kickstart your career in our Creative Graduate Guide