We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

.net & sql hosting

RussG

Likes # 0

I wonder if someone can recommend a hosting company to host an asp.net site with MS sql ( at a reasonable cost)
Thanks
RussG

Like this post
PC Advisor Fan

Likes # 0

Like this post
RussG

Likes # 0

Thanks for your reply - the link is for MySql hosting and I am looking for Microsoft SQL hosting and asp.net which is generally more expensive.
Cheers

Like this post
Kemistri

Likes # 0

A lot of novices fail to spot the distinction between the open source MySQL and Microsoft's proprietary equivalent, since the acronyms are so similar.

As you have found, it isn't easy to find a good and reasonably priced host with support for the MS way of creating databases and dynamic sites. It's kind of a vicious circle: the additional cost means that open source remains more popular, which means less demand, which means less competition and more cost.

Being an open source user through and through, I have never needed an ASP.net/MS SQL server, but Fast2Host has been recommended to me and it offers full support for ASP.net 3.5 and MS SQL. It looks like it's only £10 p/m, which is in line with Linux servers. It also won its category in the PC Pro Awards thing this year, so obviously has some happy clients. click here Hope that helps you.

Like this post
RussG

Likes # 0

Cheers - much appreciated.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...