We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Browser compatibility with Intranet site

kalignorgna

Likes # 0

Hi all I'm recreating my work Intranet (which I can't post links to due to it's location). the browsers I am using to test the site are FF 3.03, Opera 9.67, IE version 8 beta 2, Safari 3.1.2 and the new Google Chrome version 0.3.154.9 and I am using Visual Studio and Macromedia Studio MX 2004 primarally using Dreamweaver, Fireworks and MIcrosoft Visual Web Developer 08 express edition. my main problem at the moment is the Browser compatibility with the Intranet site it works fine in IE 6-8 but in Opera, FF and chrome the links don't work and the drop down java script links don't work, in safari allmost all my pic's are not showing the Iframe is dissorted and out of place (but that may be because it is still floating and not fixed) the text is not showing up in the correct text and the links and java don't work

any Idea's would help me a lot

Like this post
kalignorgna

Likes # 0

oh forgot to state that it appears fine in IE but in the over test browsers the Iframe is out of place and I get a black outline where the Iframe box is when the propertes are set to hide as it's posisoned over a gif of a 3D green box like shape

Like this post
kalignorgna

Likes # 0

oh forgot to state that it appears fine in IE but in the over test browsers the Iframe is out of place and I get a black outline where the Iframe box is when the properties are set to hide as it's positioned over a gif of a 3D green box like shape

Like this post
kalignorgna

Likes # 0

in the test Browsers (not including IE) the Iframe is loading up with left alignment but I have set it to centre alignment in the source

I did have 17 errors but corected these also made a new site and wich has the same content in, I only copyed the javascript over from the Original, this created a slim lined version of the script. no luck as yet geting it to work in over browsers

also set about creating a Javascript instead of using the Original one.

Can anyone help me??

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 release date, new features and compatibility: Free to download from 6pm

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?