We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Adobe Web Photo gallery

sheila.weston

Likes # 0

In my computer I have a folder headed Adobe Web Photo Gallery with three pages of thumbnail images.

Can someone tell me what program created this? I have Photoshop Elements and also Elements 3.0, but can't see this program included.

I have done a google search and also looked at the Adobe website, but can't find it for looking! Apart from 'Elements', it would have been made with a free program, not something which I bought.

Many thanks.

Like this post
MAJ

Likes # 0

I use Photoshop 6 and I can create the web gallery you mention by going to Photoshop > File > Automate > Web Photo Gallery. One of your Adobe products probably has that option also.

Like this post
sheila.weston

Likes # 0

Many thanks, Maj. I have found it in PS Elements but, oddly enough, I can't find it in PS Elements 3.

One further question - do you know how to add a label under each picture (as opposed to the file name)? The help file says that one can put a caption under the picture from the file information by selecting that box. I have tried going back to the original folder and adding a title in the file information, but it doesn't seem to work. So how do I add 'file information'?

Like this post
MAJ

Likes # 0

Bear in mind, sheila.weston, that I'm not using the same software as you, but in PS6 it's all done when you're creating the photo gallery, there is an option to use a "Caption", what you call "a label under each picture", rather than the file name.
There are two dropdown menus:

1. Styles
2. Options

From the Options menu, choose the "Gallery Thumbnails" option. Then tick the "Use File Info Caption". You can also set the Font, Font size, etc. in there. Here's a screen shot. click here

You will have already entered the text, on the full size images info, that you want to appear as your caption before doing the above. Like this click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...