We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Can anyone help with SPSS please

joostin

Likes # 0

Hi guys i dont know if this is the right area of the forum to post this but could you tell me a good forum or sitre to visist in regard the SPSS software.I am doing a medical MA and am visiting a tutor every few weeks but when at home and i get stuck i need help and with 4 weeks left im stressed to death can you please point me in the right direction
Yours
Sarah x

Like this post
The Brigadier

Likes # 0

My son used to support SPSS when in IT in the NHS.
Dont think he ever enjoyed doing it!

Like this post
eoinrua

Likes # 0

I know it's a bit late for this poster now, but if anyone is stuck with SPSS I'd really recommend a book called SPSS for Social Scientists.

I do not have a background in stats, but statistics were central to my PhD studies.

The book is better than any quick-fix website/forum, as it introduces the main tests, explains the logic behind them and shows you how to do them.

You don't have to read from cover to cover, as it's the sort of book that gives you what you need for the specific test you're going to do.

If you're into t-Testing or Chi-Square, there's no need to go into linear modelling or regression and other things you'll never use.

I can't praise the book highly enough: it really helped me get my PhD and - believe it or not - I actually enjoy(ed) using SPSS.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

click here

I hate to think of you being 'stressed to death' by some software.

Like this post
joostin

Likes # 0

Thank you for helping.This software is a nightmare but with your help im getting there.anymore tips would be greatfu;;y recieved
Love
Sarah xx

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

If you're not, you might like to take a look at this:

click here

Otherwise, and if what you need is general help with SPSS click here

Like this post
avesnes1

Likes # 0

Try:-

click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon,...

IDG UK Sites

Why are people still buying satnavs? Smartphones are the modern satnav

IDG UK Sites

New Star Wars trailer: Watch the VFX-laden teaser for The Force Awakens

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers UPDATED