We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Colour Lasers

Declanworld

Likes # 0

I've been using a friend's OKI C5300 colour laser to print wedding invitations, booklets etc. for friends and family.

I'm being persuaded to do this professionally but I need advice in terms of the cost of printing and, consequently, I have no idea how to charge?

Help!

Like this post
Brian_B

Likes # 0

You need to add up the cost of supplies and add a bit for "labour"

eg. my HP laser 3 cartridges do 2000 copies = £120
2000 sheets of paper (4 reams) =£20
£140/2000=7p each.

So the real question is ... how much can you get for your time ?

Like this post
Declanworld

Likes # 0

Thanks Brian_B. I'm okay with the time part - it's the cost to print I have difficulty with. When you say your cartridges do 2,000 copies how much coverage of the page are you factoring in?

Most of my intended customers will want full A4 picture coverage.

Declan

Like this post
recap

Likes # 0

If the quoted 2000 copies Brain_B has mentioned is from the manufatures specifications I would suggest taking a third off that figure for a full coverage. When a manufacturer states these figure they are basing them on a draft letter of two addresses and maybe a paragraph of text, this does not fill a page.

Like this post
Declanworld

Likes # 0

I'll bear that in mind, recap.

Thanks

Like this post
JenM

Likes # 0

i think if you print photos at home it's cheaper, but you need to be patient in organizing everything. i mean aspect ratio of digital photos if different than sizes of printed photos. this may bring confusion.

Like this post
Declanworld

Likes # 0

I'm thinking in terms of printing invitations etc., Jen.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'