We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

computer dictation

rupie

Likes # 0

I am looking for a piece of software that can convert my speech to words, as i dictate. I have recording software and can create many formats of audio file but I want to conver it to a document such as word, that just needs proofing afterwards ???

Like this post
Newuser38

Likes # 0

click here produce software that converts speech to text if you check their site I think you could find what you are seeking.

I used to use Dragon Naturally Speaking which was ok but there was a learning period in terms of how you speak, speed etc.

They also used to sell the software with a mike headset included which is needed for dictation.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

you'll have speech recognition capabilities. You can use it to dictate text to Wordpad, or to give commands to the operating system.

I haven't used it myself, so I can't comment on its effectiveness. You'll find a speech recognition icon in the Control panel - click on it and take it from there; you'll need a microphone before you start.

Like this post
rupie

Likes # 0

you can activate speech recog, in xp, if using office xp, I wonder how good it is...
I need it for my wifes college cource and so cannot afford expensice office/commercial products.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

and let us know how you get on?

Voice recognition was discontinued when Office 2007 came along, and I can't help feeling there was a good reason for that.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback