We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Which laptop should I buy?

iamlegend

Likes # 0

Hi

I run a web design company, mainly project managing nowadays but I am often required to design as well. Im looking to mobilse myself and require a nice, powerful laptop to accompany me on my trips.

So im looking for a system that will let me run the Abode suite, office 2007, ftp clients, browse the web remotely manage our servers and so on. I need this to happen without complications and be able to run these applications at the same time without any real slow down or issues. Hard disk space isnt a massive issue but due to the amount of graphic design I may be required to do I'll need decent processor and graphics card support. Battery life is a concern but not a big one, I can always get spares.

I was originally looking at the Alienware laptops becuase of their power, but although price isnt a real issue it would be nice if I could find something that would do the job without that sort of price tag. I do still want something that is going stay as up to date for as long as possible.

So any advice / pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

any of them would suit your needs.

click here

I do all that you've described, and more besides, and I manage pretty well with a reasonably-specified machine. At the moment I'm using an IBM ThinkPad or a Toshiba widescreen machine when I travel, and both of them cope perfectly well.

Like this post
LoverlyLorn

Likes # 0

I am disabled and I hate the keyboard on the Advent which the has now got to be retired. I canncot afford a new desktop or justify the expense to my family I do want tyhe Sanyo all in One seen and stroked at PC world.
I like speed and I like to use CorelDraw software if I can find an inexpensive copy lst and died on my last desktop. I'm also just about to launch myself into the world of Internet Marketing so I want a reliable machine - I liked the size of notebooks but is it going to be reliable, Sadly we use BT Broadband wireless for the unreliable connection and thge family were cross when I said I'd go my own way. naturally they disapprove of my Internrt shenanigans. I'd like some unbiased advice. I need easy cost repairs and tech support as well so I had leaned towards Dell ad P

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I suggest that you post your own thread in our Consumerwatch forum - you'll get plenty of helpful advice there, and iamlegend won't receive an automated email each time someone responds to you.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...