We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Samsung SyncMaster 226BW Help

Sibbo

Likes # 0

On the strength of a couple of recommendations from forum members, and a lot of excellent online reviews, I finally bought the above monitor. I downloaded the appropriate 64 Bit Vista drivers from the Samsung site, only for them to crash my PC every time once it reached the desktop. The only way that I could stop the BSOD was to uninstall the drivers. This has left me unable to use the set-up software (Magic Tune Premium)to get the optimum settings, although Vista does allow me to use the monitor. Has anybody else had this problem, and if so, how can I get it sorted? Thanks.

Like this post
citadel

Likes # 0

have you tried natural colour pro from samsung as this appears to do the same thing. you can manually change with the buttons, brightness 25 and contrast 35 is what I found suited.

Like this post
Sibbo

Likes # 0

Natural Colour Pro will not install from the disc either.

Like this post
citadel

Likes # 0

could be the samsung 64bit drivers are not signed and vista won't load them.

Like this post
Dai Chyandour

Likes # 0

I bought this monitor, got driver instructions from samsung as it had no vista driver and most of it worked but not magictune. I downloaded latest drivers and got a blank screen. After rebooting several times I got it working again.

Here is samsung's suggestion (32 bit) but I have not done it. If it aint broke, etc (at the moment)

"Magictune is closely related to graphic card and most of problems are happening mainly by using old version of Graphic Card driver and old version of Magictune.

Therefore in order to find the reason of your problem, your system needs to be checked as to the following instruction which is the general step to check a problem by Magictune. Please check your system as to the following items before everything.

1. Please check whether the monitor is connected directly to the system(PC).(there should not be any device between the monitor and system(PC))

2. Please check whether monitor is recognized as "Plug and Play" by checking at

->Control Panel->Systems->Hardware->Device Manager->Monitor

3. Please check the version of your graphic card driver and install the latest version of Graphic card driver from the Graphic Card company web site.

4. Please try the latest MagicTune Premium(v2.0.17 for Windows VISTA 32bit). Updated version solved some compatibility problems and functions which customers had inconvenience.

You should uninstall previous MagicTune completely and reboot again before installing updated MagicTune.

5. Please find "User Account Control" of Windows Vista, and disable the function when you use MagicTune. If you disable "User Account Control" function, MagicTune could work properly.

If you have any other question or request, please feel free to contact us again.

click here

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

I really hope that you get this working OK as the 226BW is by far the best screen I have seen or used. That is the original 226BW before they got in to problems with some later models A & B I believe but the story is on site if you want to google and read about them.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...