We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

free ebook cover creator

Janebell

Likes # 0

I have spent most of this afternoon looking for a decent (free) ebook cover creator - to no avail. I object to spending $35 - $100 for something I will probably use only very occasionally - also the software can't be THAT technical?
Anyone know of anything out there?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

but some of it is very good, and to be frank, the old adage that you get nowt for nowt holds good here.

When you consider that a really professional-looking cover can work wonders in terms of attracting interest, an expenditure of £40 or so isn't exactly a fortune. I've yet to see a totally free product in this field that was any good at all.

Like this post
Janebell

Likes # 0

Thanks - good advice (sometimes you don't know whether to fork out or just keep looking) do you recommend any one in particular?

Like this post
Janebell

Likes # 0

Sorry that should have read ebook COVER creator

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I recommend this:

click here

Like this post
Janebell

Likes # 0

Thanks for your continued help. I don't have photoshop so this would be an expensive option - any others you know of?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

you run a Google search on 'ebook cover creator software'.

You'll get plenty of results, and you can look through them at your leisure.

Like this post
ChristyRZ

Likes # 0

GIMP is free software like Photoshop. It's as powerful as Photoshop, without the pricetag. (It's open-source.)

click here

Once you download GIMP, go to:

click here

...and get the tutorial on how to use GIMP to make the 3D covers, software boxes, etc. There's both a written tutorial as well as a set of video tutorials.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia