We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Credit/Debit card transaction fees

jtt

Likes # 0

Does anyone know what credit/debit card transaction fees to a business are roughly? Presumably there's a fixed cost per transaction and a percentage cost.

Like this post
jtt

Likes # 0

Thanks for your replies...

Like this post
Chris the Ancient

Likes # 0

This is the sort of info that a bank should give you with no worries at all. Though, some years back, I was with one well-known high street bank (no names, no pack drill) who did seem to go out of their way to make my business account transaction charges extremely difficult to follow and understand. And, boy, did they get expensive!

So...

Being self-employed, and not really needing a 'proper corporate account, I now have two current accounts in my name at a different well-known bank. One has my 'business' transactions in it and the other has my 'domestic' transactions in it. Being 'ordinary' current bank accounts, and staying within the bank accounts defined limits, means no charges.

BTW, the tellers (and an under manager) at my local branch are fully aware of what I am doing - even though it is cheating - slightly.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

your Turnover and the number of Transactions per month.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...