We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to avoid the fraud from internet from agoodic

agoodic

Likes # 0

Many legitimate companies sell their products or service through the Internet. Charities use the Internet to ask for donations. Unfortunately, Fraudulent companies and individuals also understand that the Internet is a great way to reach people --- and use it to rob them.

There are some advice, if you understand them, I think you will avoid the fraud when you buy from internet.

1 You can visit click here to get the online store's Traffic Rankings, if you find the website's Traffic Rankings is more than 1,000,000, it is not a hot website. For example, Traffic Rankings 100,000 is more safer than Traffic Rankings 1,000,000, because a fraud website can't exist for a long time and have many members.

2 You should check if this online store support a safety payment, such as Paypal, Paypal can protect the buyers from fraud. If the online shop support Paypal, you can check the seller's credit standing in paypal.com. If you find from paypal.com that there are many clients bought from this website's accounts before, mostly, it is a safe website.

3 Another safest way is using credit cards. Credit cards are the safest way to pay for online purchases because you can dispute the charges if you never get the goods or services or the offer was misrepresented. Federal law limits your liability to $50 if someone makes unauthorized charges to your account, and most credit card issuers will remove them completely if you report the problem promptly. There are new technologies, such as “substitute” credit card numbers and password programs, that can offer extra measures of protection from someone else using your credit card (paypal just can do that).

4 Don't believe promises of easy money. If someone claims that you can earn money with little or no work, get a loan or credit card even if you have bad credit, or make money on an investment with little or no risk, it's probably a scam.

5 Understand the offer. A legitimate seller will give you all the details about the products or services, the total price, the delivery time, the refund and cancellation policies, and the terms of any warranty.

6 Resist pressure. Legitimate companies and charities will be happy to give you time to make a decision. It's probably a scam if they demand that you act immediately or won't take "No" for an answer.

7 Beware of "dangerous downloads". In downloading programs to see pictures, hear music, play games, etc., you could download a virus that wipes out your computer files or connects your modem to a foreign telephone number, resulting in expensive phone charges. Only download programs from Web sites you know and trust. Read all user agreements carefully.

At last, you also should know, most of people in the world are honest and law-abiding, so buying from internet is becoming the best way to save money.

Like this post
Markenbergers

Likes # 0

This has happened to me! I was 'robbed' by a fake ebay site. They asked me to update my information and I, an avid ebay user, thought it was legitimate, but it was a fake site. Long story short gave them my credit card info and they had a shopping spree :(. Not a fun mess to figure out. Thought I would add on to this list on how to prevent incidents like this, while it is already very good advice thought my personal experience might add something to it :) So this site I used to figure out good signs and avoiding situations like this... click here
This site offers helpful links to get your money back
click here
Hope this was a useful add on! :)
And I would also like to say internet commerce is still my favorite way to shop as it is easy and sometimes cheaper, so my experience hasn't stopped me just helped me open my eyes a bit.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014