We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Where is TICK symbol in WORD?

amyfleur

Likes # 0

Anyone know where to find the TICK symbol to insert into a chart in WORD? A shortcut would be even better.

nb. I have, of course, looked through all the symbols a couple of times but am I missing it?

Thanks.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

in Wingdings - it's number 252 in Word 2007

Like this post
amyfleur

Likes # 0

Uh oh, I have 2000 pro.

Like this post
Totally-braindead

Likes # 0

Open Word goto INSERT then SYMBOL and look for it. It will be there and you'll probably find theres a few versions.

Like this post
Peter

Likes # 0

As the Forum Editor mentioned it's in Wingdings character 252. If you insert a symbol, select Wingdings as the font and find character 252 the tick will be inserted into your document. Alternatively if you press and hold the left ALT key and tap in 0252 (zero two five two) on the numeric key pad and then release the left ALT key a ü will appear in your document. Hi-light it a select the Windings font and you should have your tick.

Peter.

Like this post
amyfleur

Likes # 0

Thanks all. Peter, thanks for being specific, just what I needed. I'm a bit of an airhead at times!

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

I didn't know either ~ Thank you for asking.

I wonder if there is something similar in Excel?

Like this post
Clapton is God

Likes # 0

"I wonder if there is something similar in Excel?"

Yes - it's exactly the same process

Like this post
VoG II

Likes # 0

In Excel you can also add a CheckBox from the Forms toolbar.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Haven't needed it recently but I'm setting up a new Spread Sheet for a Newcomers Curling Club I'm launching next season. I reckon that it'll be easier to use than a database

Like this post
David4637

Likes # 0

I have a laptop and pressing ALT + 0252 does not produce anything in Word 2000? If I also press FN and the above keys nothing appears? Any ideas? Thanks David

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Watch this heartwarming Christmas short by Trunk for composer John Rutter

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad