We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Migrate or Start New with MS Accounting Pro 2008

Proclaimer

Likes # 0

Hi,

I now have Microsoft Office Accounting Professional 2008. I currently do my accounts and customer management (customer id's, order references and contact details) in excel.

When I go live with Accounting Pro 2008 (my financial year starts on 05 April) should I start fresh and just add New Customers as they come in and enter a starting £ balance that is on hand on the 5th April?

or

Capture the past 1 or 2 years worth of customer data and cash (income & expenditure) flow and try to follow on from there.

I think New & Fresh is what I want to do but not sure how it looks from an outside point of view, ie; tax man or accountants. I may even be thinking out loud here as there is no one 'in the office' as I am a sole trader.

Thanks.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

and you're right, provided you have all the relevant information for previous years properly recorded elsewhere.

Start the new accounting year in Accounting Pro - don't waste time importing all the earlier information, but to make doubly sure don't take my word for it, run it past your accountant.

Like this post
Newuser38

Likes # 0

Can I suggest that you also check with your accountant that MS Accounting Pro 08 UK is the best program for you as a Sole Trader (apologies if you have already done this).

This site click here= may give you some idea of queries being raised by others most of whom are accountants or fulltime bookkeepers.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow