We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Federation of Small Businesses (FSB)

Proclaimer

Likes # 0

Someone mentioned this organisation in a thread and I would like to know if anyone is a member or has been a member in the past.

If so, then what are the real benefits that you found made a difference, if any?

It looks like 'Business Link' with teeth! Is that the case?
Thanks.

Like this post
Kemistri

Likes # 0

Yes, I am. I have been a member since going self-employed a few years ago. Benefits include:

- free business banking with the Co-op, which is increasingly hard to find elsewhere

- the networking opportunities and support

- the free legal advice helpline, which I have used a few times for various business and employment related queries

There are some other factors as well, so have a look at the FSB website.

Like this post
wildrover

Likes # 0

Benefits include Kemistri's above, and also: they are lobbying organisation helping small businesses, and they also have a number of organisations who work with them to provide sertvices. A great deal with the Co-op has been mentioned, but they also have insurance, health, courier, factor, etc organisations on board. Not always the cheapest or best but a good starting point when you are looking for something new and you can always get a quote from what is known to be a reputable company and then compare.

probably the most useful benefit is the networking and support which Kemistri mentions. there are local/regional membership events which are great for finding trusted suppliers, customers, and recommended services such as accountants.

Business Link with teeth they aint!

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I was involved with the FSB in its fledgling days, when regional areas where very few and limited. At the time I thought that the FSB was heading no where perhaps, but it appears to have proved me wrong!.

Like this post
Proclaimer

Likes # 0

I have just been talking to them now as well, seems like the same deal but actually have offices in my town.

Anyone heard of them?

Like this post
Kemistri

Likes # 0

No, I can't say that I have. It's probably a regional or even local organisation. The FSB and Chamber of Commerce are the big players in business support. Then there's Business Link for an info resource: click here

Like this post
Proclaimer

Likes # 0

I need , actually I don't know what I need that is why I am looking at these groups. To push my mind in directions I would dismiss or not even see as well as support me when it's all a 'bit too legal'.

Like this post
barfly

Likes # 0

I have been with F.S.B. now for the last 15 yrs the cost is £80 per annum subscription and in the past they have acted for me in a dispute with the tax man on that occasion they not only removed the worry factor they saved me £4000.00 so i would recomend anyone in business to contact them and get on board and as already mantioned by others they have a great range of other benefits

Like this post
EmmaS

Likes # 0

The free legal advice alone is worth the subscription. :)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...