We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Accountants

Marko797

Likes # 0

Anyone had any experience of using Paystream as accountants? Any feedback good or bad appreciated.

Like this post
Chris the Ancient

Likes # 0

I can't say I know of this company.

But...

One of the best ways of getting a good accountant is by word of mouth. The first advantage is that the accountant will probably be local; a good idea for ease of taking stuff round and/or asking questions.

Talk to local traders and discuss how they've got on with their accountant. They'll soon let you know who are the good ones - or the rubbish ones.

Don't be tempted by whizzy adverts in the local press. The good ones probably wouldn't need to advertise!

But, to reiterate, a local guy who comes well recommended by local users is usually a very good bet.

Like this post
Marko797

Likes # 0

noted

Like this post
Kemistri

Likes # 0

My accountant, with whom I have been since I became self employed, said to me that he has never actually advertised during his 20 years as a sole practitioner, and yet he sometimes has to turn people away. All his clients arrived by some form of recommendation or word of mouth and there is a lot long-term loyalty there - I won't be changing until I have to. The relationship is an important and valuable one, and often under-estimated. You probably have a good network to call on anyway, so ask around.

Like this post
Marko797

Likes # 0

& thnx Kemistri, seems to be a common line of thought.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...