We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Having recently started my own

Marko797

Likes # 0

I hope this will be beneficial. On the face of it a good idea.

What are we discussing; business set-up & associated costs, VAT registration, taxation, corporation tax, accountants, payroll, HMRC? All interesting stuff, let's see how it goes.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

if you like. Any questions, just ask.

Like this post
Marko797

Likes # 0

I've been thru the pain of setting this up without any prior knowledge, so willing to advise/assist others who might be thinking of it. All in the spirit of the forum of course.

Like this post
Marko797

Likes # 0

Anyone aware of what the reason is for the backlog at HMRC for registration of VAT (if other than sheer volume), and when they hope to resolve the issue?

Mine's been with them for weeks so am currently invoicing less VAT, with the proviso that my registration is with HMRC and will therefore invoice in due course.

This seems to be an acceptable approach with the client fortunately.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Sheer volume is the answer, I suspect. It's not unusual.

Like this post
Marko797

Likes # 0

yes had this confirmed.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...