We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

not pc but Sky related

pookie

Likes # 0

Hi

Out of interest do any of you that have freesat suddenly have the ability to get eg sky cinema 1, 2, 3 etc, sky one, sky movies, sky sports, eurosports etc??

It's very weird indeed - not that i'm complaining. I've looked on sky and freesat on web but can see any where that sky are giving a eg 14 day preview of channels.

for info i've had freesat for about one year

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

I have FreeSat but not tried it as my dish got blown down, it broke the Bracket

Like this post
pookie

Likes # 0

anybody else experienced this?

Like this post
pookie

Likes # 0

does anyone know - could i be picking up my next door neighbours sky signal - i know he pays about £50 per month for his package

Like this post
bruno

Likes # 0

You will not be getting your neighbours signal.The way I understand it is that the programmes you receive are decided at Sky's end.Normally they programme your connection to receive what you pay for.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Keep your head down, and your mouth shut. I will try to get my Dish sorted as soon as I can.

Like this post
iashem

Likes # 0

some people had a special promotion from sky where they get free sky for February to encourage them to upgrade to sky if you look here click here

Like this post
pookie

Likes # 0

hi and thanks - i think you've got it there - unfortunately :-(

Like this post
Rhodie

Likes # 0

I had freestat 12th May I received a letter advising me sky were offering free sky all channels for a month. 12th June I received a leter to say the all free channels offer was about to cease but they were offering half price packages for 12 months. 14th May I took up the offer to subscribe to 4 packages @ £9/month + sky movies for £18/month - all for 12 months - biggest mistake ever. They are charging me full price for 4 packages and no sky movies. 12th June sent them a registered 2 pages letter as I was sick of calling them with no-one doing anything. 4th July - received message on my answer service to say the caller was emailing the billing department to instigate the half price deal and that sky movies would be set up. 8th July - 6 phone calls later to sky customer service - still no sky movies and they are still billing me @ £18/month. Can't cancel because I'll be billed forthe year as the 1 month opt out had expired before I received my first bill which was when I realised they were over charging. Can't cancell DD payments as they'll sent the debt collector round and give me a bad credit rating - SKY customer service rubbish - hid behind the data protection - won't give you full name of person you're talking to - just stone wall you.

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

To be honest,ive been with Sky for a number of years,never had a problem with them

Like this post
laurie53

Likes # 0

I've been with Sky a number of years too, and only ever had minor problems, but I wouldn't trust them as as far as I could throw them, I've read too many horror stories.

If ever cable becomes available in my area I'm off.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Why BlackBerry isn't dead: Firm keeps Mercedes F1 team driving with enterprise package

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...