We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

system utilities

grizzley

Likes # 0

for all you out there just starting up or have started lately are you using all the security tools etc needed to keep your system safe. here are a few of the tools i am using and are updated regularly.

1) spamjab.co.uk-free for personal use and it is guarenteed to stop spam getting into mail box. it works greatly.
2) AVG free edition anti-virus from grisoft.

3) Iobit smart defrag-install and forget,defrags system when it is needed.free

4) Iobit advanced windows carev2-free for personal use.

all this software is totally free for personal use.also if you want to keep your system clean do not forget to run prefetch cleaner,click on start then on run in dialog box enter prefetch and press enter when box comes up with all the items in prefetch you can erase them by pressing CTRL A together and press enter to clean.

Like this post
brundle

Likes # 0

Good list, spamjab is new to me. I would disagree about prefetch cleaning though; click here

Like this post
alB

Likes # 0

I notice that CCleaner has an option to clean old prefetch data, having read your link I'm wondering if it might be better to untick this and allow XP to keep the files ...alB

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback