We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Email error message

thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Because of a recent problem I've been trying to send test emails to myself in Outlook Express. However they're not being sent but are going straight into my Outbox and won't send from there. I'm getting this error...."452 too many recipients received this hour". I've never seen this before, can anyone help?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Possibly your system thinks that it is sending spam. How many have you sent? Leave it for a few hours and see if it settles down.

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Greetings Woolwell and thanks. I'm with Talk Talk and email interruptions are an all too frequent and regular occurrence, so I'm forever sending mail to myself, checking if it's back on. Never seen 452 before though and I've made about a dozen attempts. It started working about half an hour again, but it's playing up again now. I'm not aware of any spam filter, certainly never set one up.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

" I'm forever sending mail to myself" - the problem with that is that Talktalk are likely to think that you are generating spam and you get the error 452 "too many recipients". Send/Receive will be an adequate enough check and you should be able to go to webmail.

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Thanks again amigo,I've done it before and never been sent 452, but I'll ease up.

Like this post
Border View

Likes # 0

Try setting up a yahoo or gmail account and send test e-mails from there to your talktalk account.

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Thanks Borderview, seems like.....according to the forum (Not from Talk Talk, they've told us nothing so far!) it's connected with them moving their ex Tiscali customers across to the Talk Talk Servers. One problem follows another, never a dull moment (Or an uninterrupted service) with Talk Talk.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Yes, looks like a talktalk prob, do a google for:

talktalk email 452 Too many recipients received this hour

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

Thumbscrew, anecdotal reports from other ex-Tiscali users suggests that changing Outlook Express's outgoing mail server to smtp.talktalk.net fixes the problem.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

My neighbour is with Tiscali and same error since Tuesday. India assure him it will be fixed today.

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Thanks all, yes changing the smtp as Secret-Squirrel states, has seemed to do the trick.....until their next outtage!! This solution by the way has come from another customer, nothing at all from Tiscali despite pleas for help posted on their forum. Avoid.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Invite confirms 9 September launch

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...