We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Another what laptop question

KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

I am looking for a smallish laptop around 11.6 screen size. Must have plenty of RAM and a reasonable HDD.

The small laptop really does not need to do much play film at a reasonable standard a bit of Office stuff, the hardest game perhaps Angry Birds or Plants vs Zombies and the like. I quite like the look of these which are about what I want to pay.

Samsung

Lenovo

Or is there anything else I should be looking at?

By the way I am a laptop virgin so be gentle with me.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Chronus

Probably just me but none of those 2 click here's will open for me.Just a line on it that says click here to go to the Amazon home page.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Thanks buteman. Not sure what happened.Try again.

Samsung.

Lenovo.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Yes working fine now.Sorry can't help you with your choice of laptops but no doubt there will be others that can.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Another one to consider,hp-pavilion

Shows battery life as 5hrs so should be good for 4. Compare the specs of each.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Looks like the HP has a slightly faster CPU and slightly better graphics but they're much of the same I think. I would go for the HP but that's just my preference.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

rdave13

My only experience with HP is a printer and it was the worst bit of kit I have ever owned and HP's customer service was appalling. I eventually gave the printer to someone on Freecycle after only three months and went back to Epson. I tend to steer well clear of companies when I have found that they have rubbish customer service. Though this seems to becoming more difficult as customer service seems way down the list of companies aims these days. Or may be I am old school in believing that good service should be a priority.

But it won't hurt to look.Thanks.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

rdave13.

I should have clicked your link first before my previous reply. PC World as well as HP a marriage made in hell.LOL.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Lenovo has the same chip, the E-450, which I have been advised to go for, and a HD 6310m GPU the HP has a 6320 which is nothing to compare.

So Lenovo looking favorite at the moment.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I always reply the same, as my repair shop guy is very good. He says think spares and service are is important and Toshiba and Asus are good in this respect, and I would recommend John Lewis (2 year warranty free) and Toshiba of your choice in the price you need.. Although a laptop virgin, your advice here on technical issues is much appreciated!

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I've always have gone for HP laptops and have had no problems so never had to use customer services. Usually buy them off the shelf at PCWorld also. I would never buy a HP printer only Epson. Speak as you find I suppose though my 'local' PC World store are pretty good. If you're going for the Lenovo might as well buy it from here and get a two year guarantee.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...