We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

wont update

ajs160n

Likes # 0

Cant install half of the latest windows updates (appx 80mg)Half went in but appx 8 updates wont. Tried with firewall and avast off.Windows module intaller turned on in services. Assume installer ok or others wouldnt have gone in.(On vista)Thanks

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Try updating them manually then pick one at a time to download.Maybe just the 1 bad one stopping the rest.

Like this post
ajs160n

Likes # 0

Just this minute tried to instal singly. No good--Got it set to download automatically then I instal manually.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Some helpful info here.

Like this post
ajs160n

Likes # 0

Have been thru microsoft fix its and it says that it has fixed things but still no change---

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Have you seen this? Vista.

Like this post
ajs160n

Likes # 0

Prior to this event I had trouble deleting a program and now I find that I cannot install Microsoft anti virus and other various software, leading me to think that this is a windows installer issue---can anything be done with this installer--it is switched on to manual in services.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

You could try the registry solution on ClickHereVista windows installer issue

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Normally a virus will stop you from downloading security programs.

Maybe give this a run to see if it finds any problems.It works very fast.

http://www.surfright.nl/en

Or try this installer.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942288

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

ajs160n

There appears to be a problem with one of this weeks updates, namely KB2676562 which will not install correctly and is stopping some of the others as well. If you untick this particular one you might find the rest will install OK.

I have no idea what the problem is as it installed OK on one of my machines but not my laptop.

Like this post
ajs160n

Likes # 0

Condom--funnily enough that download went in ok?--Iam trying to system restore to an earlier date but I only have the option to go back a few days----according to what I read I should be given the option of a calender to pick a date but this doesnt come up

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...