We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problem come back again

edenworkshops

Likes # 0

I had a problem with my favourite PC game which I thought I had solved, but its back again.

Sometimes when I start it up it plays normaly, but sometimes the game is fuzzy and appears to be too big for the screen, and its unplayable.

I thought I had solved the problem by re-installing it and using the shortcut that was installed with the new installation. AS aposed to using the old shortcut.

Things were fine for a time but this morning its started playing up again.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

I am running Win XP.

Thanks for any help

Richard

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Your last post, Original. I asked a number of questions which you still have not answered. Difficult to offer advice when the only information is that sometimes "Your favourite game is fuzzy" So any chance of a bit more info?

Like this post
edenworkshops

Likes # 0

Hello

I didn't reply to your questions as I though the problem had fixed itself.

The game is Snowy the Bears Adventures.

Graphics card is Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller.

No idea if drivers are up to date, everything was fine until yesterday.

Operating system is Win XP

Fault began yesterday

Richard

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

You could probable add a graphics card as you are using what is known as on-board graphics which means the graphics card is built into the motherboard.

But first check that you have up too date drivers. Go here Intel, and click on automatically detect and update drivers and software and follow the on screen instructions. See if that fixes your problem.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

That's an online game unless you have downloaded it. Are you playing it online? Flash up to date?

Like this post
edenworkshops

Likes # 0

Updating the drivers didnt solve it, so maybe its a new graphics card?

Richard

Like this post
edenworkshops

Likes # 0

Its a standalone downloaded game.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days