We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows Live Mail Problem

buteman
Resolved

Likes # 0

Had an update for Microsoft Live essentials this morning and Windows Live mail has not worked since.It will open with a bug message and will open new mail but you cannot send any when doing a reply.It just freezes.

Anyone else using WLM having the same problems.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Should have said Windows Live Essentials of course.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

buteman - I don't use either Windows Live Essentials or Windows Live Mail but have you tried a system restore?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

northumbria61

Just this minute deleted it and went to File Hipo and installed their version ,Whether it was the new version or not I don't know

Just tried it and it seems to be working so assuming it is the old version.

Thanks for getting back to me.Will class as resolved unless it takes a turn for the worse.

Like this post  
Hermione-moo

Likes # 0

The new version is full of bugs. I deleted it too and haven't bothered installing it again. I would wait for the next version if I was you.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Hermione-moo

Thanks for letting me know that others have had the same problem.

I never know if maybe it was one of my Security programs stopping it or not.

Just happened after I had updated Windows Live Essentials from the pop up box on the Taskbar that offered the update.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers