We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Driver Scanner Registration (PCA May 2012)

wbae
Resolved

Likes # 0

How do I register the FREE version of Driver Scanner (PCA May 2012), when I try it asks for £19.99, unless of course its not FREE ... ?

wbae

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

I you have problems with this, try the (really free) Slimdrivers

http://download.cnet.com/SlimDrivers-Free/3000-18513_4-75279940.htmlfrom here

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Some poor reviews for it.I would not use it on my computer even if it was free.

There must be better free ones out there.

If you have not run it I would delete it.If you have run it I would be careful if deleting it.

There is always Driver Max but that will only update 2 drivers a day with the free version.

If still looking for the keycode for it contact the FE and he will get you the help that you need.

Like this post
wbae

Likes # 0

Thanks for both replies above, I will try the SlimDrivers to see if it helps as my Drivers are shown as 5 years out of date.

I am trying to resolve an SD Card reader problem on my laptop which is ok on switch on, and recognises the SD Card, but on removal and re-insertion, it refuses to recognise a Card. even though I remove HW safely icon.

Most who get this well known problem say update the Drivers first.

I run Win7 Operating system.

It must be an error on the May PCA DVD, as it says Driver Scanner is FULL VERSION worth £20 ...

we will see ..

wbae

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Use the Contact forum Editor button just above the posts and he will get it sorted for you.

I personally know nothing about card readers so cannot give you any advice but I am sure someone will be able to give you the advice that you need.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Never thought about it before but I never use the 'safely remove hardware' when removing an SD card from the reader. Possibly you're removing the card reader itself and not the actual card?

Like this post
wbae

Likes # 0

Thanks rdave13, It is safest to use remove hardware in case it is still being written to, and this used to work ok until recent W7 updates.

However I have just tried it again without remove h/w, and on re-insertion it did not show up, but ..... retrying about 5mins later it did appear, so maybe Win7 scans around and clears up every so often.

I will continue in my quest to find an answer, its not major, but it can be annoying.

wbae

Like this post
Software Editor

Likes # 0

The online activation URL for Uniblue Driver Scanner 2012 is: http://mag.uniblue.com/pcadv/ds/index.html

Please follow the on screen instructions.

Kind regards, Software Editor

Like this post  
wbae

Likes # 0

Thanks again to all who responded, I have to apologise as the instructions were in the DVD pdf file, I was on a laptop and found the wording a little small to read so I missed the URL.

Regarding the Laptop Card reader, it appears this can be hit and miss, sometimes it see's the SD card right away, and others it does not see it at all, wait a few mins. try again and it see's it ...

wbae

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite