We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Do not Track Plus

rawprawn
Resolved

Likes # 1

do not track plus

I have used this on Safari, Firefox and Chrome. I have found it very handy little tool.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

rp

Thanks for the responses anyway.

I'll keep trying. It's a Chrome problem no a DNT one.

Like this post
Snrub

Likes # 0

Hi rawprawn I have downloaded DNT and it seems to work well on different browsers providing you download it within that specific browser. I feel rather smug that here's another layer of protection safeguarding my computer along with a few other programs such as admuncher, host files etc.

The downside to this seems to be loss of functionality when webrowsing e.g. unable to access sponsored links. So as not to hijack your thread I have started a separate thread asking how to overcome this probably self imposed restriction.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

G'day rawprawn

Downloaded DNT yesterday and was quite impressed with its operation. But today unable to open Internet Explorer (IE8 on XP Pro) until I completely removed it.

I presume no one else has had this problem?

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

G'day Sea Urchin, sorry you have a problem. I haven't tried it on IE (using Mac these days) I will try it on my old laptop when I get chance (We are out today) and let you know how I get on.

Snrub Thanks it will be interesting to see the results.I think you are correct in that you need to download it within the different browsers, with the version specifically for that browser.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Sea Urchin Just had time before we go out, no problem in IE but using Windows 7

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Running well in IE 9 with Windows 7 and also with Firefox. What has surprised me is that sites where I wouldn't have expected people to track me are the ones which appear to be trying the most. I just hope it is not one of these programs which want to start chraging you after a few months.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Using this is certainly an eye opener. What is it with Facebook that it feels the need for all this info?

Like this post
VCR97

Likes # 0

Is DNT compatible with Ghostery in FireFox?

Like this post
Zak

Likes # 0

DNT FAQs

Towards the bottom of list:

"You can use AdBlock Plus with Do Not Track Plus. We block different things than AdBlock Plus since they are removing advertisements, while we are removing tracking code. It's also safe to use BetterPrivacy at the same time as Do Not Track Plus. They mostly delete LSO and longterm cookies.

Do Not Track Plus is closest in similarity to Ghostery. We do not recommend using these together."

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Zak Nice to see someone in the company taking an interest.I think it's a great little program.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 530 review: £60 smartphone offers decent build and performance, awful screen and...

IDG UK Sites

Apps watch: What the NFL can teach UK sports such as cricket and rugby

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: Video shows 'new, reversable iPhone 6 cha'......