We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PCA and the new Firefox Update

buteman
Resolved

Likes # 0

Anyone having problems with PCA since the new Firefox update.

All I get is waiting for PCA or waiting for CDN1.2.3 or for 4.Or others.The last one was waiting for Facebook and it took about 40 seconds and I don't even use Facebook.

It will load the pages fairly quickly but it will not fully load with the results at the bottom left of the page Waiting For!!! and it normally goes through a list of things that it is waiting to load.

Like I said the Last one for Facebook took over 40 seconds to load.

This has been going on for about a week or so but can only think maybe since the last Firefox update.

Anyone else notice this problem or is it only me.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Well that was a bit of a nightmare trying to send that.it took about 5 attempts and It would just say basically that PCA was not available.

I was expecting to see about 5 different posts for the same thing.

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

buteman

Mine is the same. On IE9 and Win7 Home Premium. PCA is pitifully this evening and as for posting, I have time to add comments before it is actually sent off! See the comments on the Pineman100 thread.

TonyV

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

Should be .....pitifully slow...

TonyV

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Really slow tonight

Like this post
lucky1

Likes # 0

Painfully slow. And am getting frequent warnings from Norton that the site is unsafe and do I wish to continue. Velly strange!!

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

I just read the comments on the I/E thread and noticed they were having problems on I/E as well so looks like it is just a PCA problem and nothing to do with the new Firefox update.

I do use another site that uses CDN and they have had a bit of trouble over the last week or so.

Same sort of problem waiting for CDN etc, etc.I am sure CDN is supposed to make the web sites quicker but not at the moment.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Down again looks like an early bed.

It's not just you! http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk looks down from here.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Looks like they must have been working on it.It's back again.

Maybe not back 100% but near to it.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

It has just been down again in the last 15 mins - appears to be okay now.

Like this post
Matt Egan

Likes # 0

It's a PCA problem, I'm afraid. The guys are working on it now.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014