We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows7, Virgin cable broadband, Windows live mail issue

anniesboy68
Resolved

Likes # 0

For the last three days I have been unable to send e mails via Windows live mail, on all 3 of my computers. I keep getting an error box [code ox800CCC0F] and the composed mail goes immediatly to the outbox. Mail composed via Virgin e mail system goes ok. Before I contact Virgin [which is a pain in the axxse has anyone had or have this problem at this time, please My 3rd computer is XP and uses Outlook Express of course and experiences the same problem.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

[The problem albeit a small one is that you have to keep logging in with name and password.]

Try on the top left just above e-mail message there is a box with a little arrow.Click on that and then select Options.

Then click on e-mail accounts.Click on properties.Then Server and make sure Remember Password is ticked.

Do that with all of your Live mail accounts. See if that helps

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Should have added when in properties,General make sure include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing is ticked as well.

Like this post
Number six

Likes # 0

anniesboy68:

I had exactly the same problem. You need to turn off SSL for your SMTP settings. In Windows Live mail, go to your email account settings > advanced, untick the box next to SSL. Why Virgin's server settings should suddenly change, heaven knows.

Like this post
anniesboy68

Likes # 0

Huh. Spoke to Virgin after a 15min wait listening to music [no interuptions to say your call is being dealt with] so you just sit,wait and hope. However eventually spoke to a nice Indian gentleman who I could only just understand because I'm English and it seems the sever is down [outward of course] and has been since 18th, and still not fixed.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

I assume that you are aware that Virgin has upgraded their Email security, I suggest you go to the Virgin site, loot at settings, and find the new (correct) settings .

You now have to change the advanced settings and tick various other boxes.

Terry

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

Ive not changed my setting and my live mail is still working fine. My only suggestion is leave things alone untill Virgin corrects their problem. Watch their website for you area to see when this happens

Like this post
anniesboy68

Likes # 0

Still not fixed....according to the service outage page for this area 31 anticipated fix will be at 1700hrs 26th January

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

Worthwhile checking your service status My area 06 no longer has the problem shown which was effecting sendind e mails

Like this post
anniesboy68

Likes # 0

All fixed as of yesterday. Thanks all for inputs. AB68

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

Dont forget to mark this as resolved

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features