We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows7, Virgin cable broadband, Windows live mail issue

anniesboy68
Resolved

Likes # 0

For the last three days I have been unable to send e mails via Windows live mail, on all 3 of my computers. I keep getting an error box [code ox800CCC0F] and the composed mail goes immediatly to the outbox. Mail composed via Virgin e mail system goes ok. Before I contact Virgin [which is a pain in the axxse has anyone had or have this problem at this time, please My 3rd computer is XP and uses Outlook Express of course and experiences the same problem.

Like this post
Onizuka

Likes # 0

I can't help with this one myself but have you tried posting this same query on the Virgin Forum? I seem to remember seeing similar problems quoted there.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Maybe delete all 3 of them then install them again.I must admit it is a bit hit and miss at times using WLM.maybe it is just a Virgin problem but I have had it a few times.Usually rebooting helps.

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

Have you tried restoring your system to when it last worked OK Virgin had major problems a few days ago where the entire broadband network crashed this may have upset your settings.Or could have been caused by an update

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-networking/windows-mail-error-code-0x800ccc0f/0ad4c3c2-e122-47a8-9f30-11999a0ce55a

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

You can go to add remove and click on Windows live essentials and press uninstall/change.It should ask you what part of live essentials you want to change or repair.Click on WLM and press repair.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Check your smtp settings? Your outgoing server should require authentication and an encrypted ssl. Are you with cable or adsl with Virgin.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Also try increasing your server time out server time out

Like this post
anniesboy68

Likes # 0

Thanks for the replies gents, and ladies if applicable. I have been all through the settings, have switched off modem, [all night] re booted etc, all to no avail. I'm sure this must be a problem at the servers end somewhere as as I did explain this is happening on all 3 cptrs. However, am just uninstalling Microsoft live essentials on laptop and will re install to see what happens. No doubt I will contact Virgion Monday AM.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Did you increase the server time out?

Like this post
anniesboy68

Likes # 0

Yep, its up to 5 mins.!!! Re install done, but, I would have thought when the mail programme was opened I would need to input all the information again. However, its all there, as it was before. I uninstalled with Revo uninstaller which cleans out the registry [supposedly] then did it with CC Cleaner, but as I said before its all there, e mails, addresses, the lot. Very strange. Will def. contact Virgin, although of course can still use their e mail prog. The problem albeit a small one is that you have to keep logging in with name and password Thanks all, again

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

"For the last three days I have been unable to send e mails via Windows live mail, on all 3 of my computers"

I think that would suggest that there is a problem with Virgin's SMTP server, or at least a problem in accessing it in your area. Three computers aren't all going to go "pear-shaped" simultaneously.

I say "in your area" because I'm using Virgin Cable broadband with Windows Live Mail and Windows 7 and can send mail OK.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'