We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

microphone not working in skype...

athenrye

Likes # 0

ive recently installed skype, im trying to use a headset microphone and the mic doesnt work

i think my issue is drivers etc... im windows vista in control panel> hardware and sound> sound

i have four icons 1,digital output device (hdmi) 2.speakers 3,speakers and 4,digital output device (spdif) in the playback tab at top

the third icon speakers is ticked default and is high definition audio device working and my sound is fine

if i then click on the recording tab i have only the second speaker icon and it says headset microphone bluetooth handsfree audio

i assume this is my mic, i dont have a hands free headset, im trying to use headset with two cables for miuc and sound

am i in the right area and what am i missing? or what do i have to do?

william

Like this post
athenrye

Likes # 0

hi ninja no thats my issue, its not skype when i go into skype tools etc i can only see the headset microphone bluetooth handsfree audio, i have no ther options

in my computer settings i have only got this handsfree audio in the recording tab

i see what you mean by choosing it in skype, but its not that thats the problem, i think i might need realtek drivers!

thanks

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

Desktop or Laptop?

If Desktop and you are using the front Mic. socket, try using the back socket. There is often a problem using the front socket.

If you have another Mic. try that. Slightly different, but I find the built in Mic. on my webcam doesn't work as well as a separate Mic.

Like this post
athenrye

Likes # 0

hi bt sorry should have said, its a pc ive tried the back sockets and it doesnt work there either...

mic/headset works on the wifes laptop, so the mics fine...

on here laptop you have icons for realtek mini jack plugs etc, i dont have them on the pc on the recording tab

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite