We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Win 7 Snipping Tool

theearlofsabden

Likes # 0

Hi

Now I know Windows 7 has the Snip tool for capturing various parts of the screen but is there an alternative for Win XP.

Thanks Neil.

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

Ashampoo Snap 3 link text

just click on the Red Get downloads now button, It's self explanetry from there on.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

I tried Jing about 6 months ago for an XP machine which also captures video or screencasts suitable for short computer tutorials. Screenshots were very good as well. Free Version seemed as good as the snipping tool as far as I remember. Jing Free Download

Like this post
Peter

Likes # 0

nododgystuff

Snippy from link text is very similar (identical?) to the Windows Snipping Tool.

I've tried to get the word "Snippy" in place of "link text", but it does not seem to work for me. Can anyone explain how it's done? It must be possible as others seem to have achieved it!

Peter.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Peter.

When you copy and paste or type the address into the Hyperlink and press Ok it will show Link text in blue leave the brackets and remove Link test and type in Snippy in it's place and then post it.

It will then appear as Snippy and not Link test.

Like this post
Peter

Likes # 0

buteman Thanks for the advice on the "link test". I will try again and follow your instructions.

Snippy download link = Snippy

Well buteman, that seems easy enough; I wonder why wasn't that explained in the panel you get when you insert a Hypertext link?

Peter.

Like this post
theearlofsabden

Likes # 0

Thanks all

Snippy installed.

Ta very much

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia