We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

DVD Burning issues

ooermrs
Resolved

Likes # 0

Morning. Having a spot of bother burning a dvd. Using convertX to convert the file but get different error codes when it has finished converting and tries to burn to disk. Have also tried using dvdsanta with the same results. Thought it might be the burner itself but it burnt a cd last night!! And help would be appreciated. Thanks, Ooermrs!

Like this post
bluesbrother

Likes # 1

Try Freemake Video Converter 2.1.4 link text It hasn't let me down yet and its fast.

If you want to try a different burning software I recommend Ashampoo Burning Studio 6 Free link text

Like this post
ooermrs

Likes # 0

Thanks Bluesbrother, i'll check those out!

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 1

Burning a cd proves nowt its a different Laser try dvd flick its about the best. will convert and burn and give a detailed log as to failures http://www.dvdflick.net/download.php

Like this post
ooermrs

Likes # 0

Thanks eedcam, i didn't know there were 2 lasers. So it may well be the burner after all! I'll give flick a try. Thanks again.

Like this post
ooermrs

Likes # 0

I have now tried the above programs with the same results. Thank to you both for your help. I can now assume that the problem is with the burner itself. Can anyone recommend a good external DVD writer that will work with both my old XP desktop and my Windows7 netbook? Thanks again for all the help!!

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

I have been using this one for over a year now with my netbook, never given me any trouble.

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Ooermrs hang on abit longer before spending your pennies Use flick again but this time just make anIso image ( Project settings >burning then tick the create iso box this time it will do exactly the same but without going to disc when you go for create dvd .If that goes ok then it was eithr the burner or the Disc . Now what did thye Log show for the failed disc let us know what that says it may well be a matter of just burning slower or a different brand

Like this post
ooermrs

Likes # 0

Thanks eedcam, I'll try that. Think its the burner though. Tried to copy a dvd lastnight and sonic record just ejected the disk saying burn error!!

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

DVD-RW discs are useful if you have one to check problems.

Or use a DVD-R and throw it away if it 'half burns'. If it ejects immediately, it is probably still usable.

Take any old data and try a test burn with Windows instead of Sonic.

eg make a new txt document on your desktop.

Drag it to your DVD drive and select burn options. (or test Erase if RW disc)

Lot quicker than finding whole DVD movie is playing up.

Like this post
ooermrs

Likes # 0

Thanks robinofloxley, same result though!! Eedcam, the message came up as FAILED REASON-POWER CALIBRATION ERROR!! Thanks for your time an help with this!!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Kindle Voyage release date, price and specs UK: a high-end eReader with Amazon’s best-ever...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room