We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Ashampoo

orsta

Likes # 0

This is for information only.

I have just received an email from Ashampoo regarding an attempt at data theft from one of their servers.

Full story at http://www.ashampoo.com/en/usd/dth

clemo

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Got the same yesterday - believed to be spam.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Now read full explanation by Ashampoo from your link. Info I had yesterday was that it was believed to be spam. Thanks for the link.

Like this post
orsta

Likes # 0

"Got the same yesterday - believed to be spam"

Didn't think of that.

c

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

It's not spam, there is a notice about it on their Support Page ClickHere

Like this post
a member

Likes # 0

if its not spam ,how come I got the same email from them , I have never dealt with them ,not purchased or signed up with them or used trial software . to add to that ,the email address they contacted me on was only setup a few weeks earlier and I set it up for personal use only ,only a few friend were given it .

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

I run their Defrag and I am registered under a Gmail address. I have no mails there about the hack so it seems like spam into my OE.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'