We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Latest Flash update will not work

buteman
Resolved

Likes # 0

Thought that I would update to the latest Flash player update so removed my old update first using Revo Uninstaller then downloaded the update which went well.
Except it does not work or show in IE8 add-ons.
Using Windows 7 and using the 32 bit version of I/E.It shows as downloaded in add remove.
Fed up trying it but keep getting the same question you need Flash installed to watch Video do you want to install it.
I have tried downloading it from different sites and in safe mode but it makes no difference.
I can download and use it in Firefox but not I/E.
Just recently removed IE9 and gone back to IE8 so not sure if that may be the problem.

Like this post
Les28

Likes # 0

Last link should have been

click here

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

[Didn't Flash Player's own recommended uninstaller work]

That used to using Revo Uninstaller that I used that instead.
It does use flash players own uninstaller but also removes other parts and that is where I have gone wrong I think.
Every so often I remove all of my restore points except the last one.
So no restore points to go back to.
I have not had time to look at your click here's yet but will go through them this morning to see if I can find anything that will help.
Thanks for the input.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

No luck I am afraid to say.
But I suppose i could spend days reading all about it.
Thought that I may have foud an old version that i could download and just checked add remove and it has downloaded the latest version instead so having no joy with that.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Well I don't know I realised the page was a bit large and put the zoom back to 100% and Flash is now working.
I can't believe it was that easy.
Unfortunately the page is a bit small for me to read so will have to zoom in a bit so not sure if it will dissapear again.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Ok it had to be one of two things that made it work.
Downloaded the latest update to my computer without running it.
Removed the versions already installed .
rebooted the computer and installed the new version.
But when I tried it it never worked.
So just wondering if the further reboot did the trick or not.

Or it was the screen set to 150% zoom and reducing it to 100% that did the trick.

Anyway it was one of those methods that finally sorted it out.
I now have the zoom set at 125% and it is still working so thanks everyone for your help it was appreciated.
I will class as resolved now as everything is running Ok now.

just an add on.
I did try the first method a few times and it did not work before that is why i think it was probably the Zoom level that was causing the problems.

Like this post

Likes # 0

Just to add that I've eventually solved the problem with my latest update of Flash that stopped my scanner from working

From consulting the Adobe customers forum it's clear that quite a lot of users have had problems with this update

Using the advice given I have at last managed to install the new version with, I guess, all thefiles that are needed

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite