We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Epson printer P50 printing n pink - why?

eysha

Likes # 0

Hi, i have spent the day trying to find out why the printer is printing everything in pink even when asked to print in grayscale.
Greyscale is pink and black and coloured printing is mainly in pink too.
I have searched and cannot find the answer so would anyone here know how to correct this problem please?
Many thanks
E.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Can happen when one or more of the colours in the cartridges have run out

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

More likely to be blocked head nozzles on one of the colours. If a Cartridge had run out it wouldn't be printing at all.
Try a nozzle check to see, and the a head clean to clear it.

Like this post
karmgord

Likes # 0

cyan empty or blocked.
Nozzle check would show if cyan is missing.
(cyan is blue)

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

The Epson P50 uses multple cartridges (all seperate colours), you may need to replace the set for link. click here
Terry

Like this post
stlucia

Likes # 0

eysha, what kind of printer have you got? Most (all?) inkjet printers have a "nozzle check" and a "nozzle clean" feature to cure the problem -- assuming that it's not simply because cyan ink has run out.

With my Epson I get to the nozzle check and clean features in Windows XP by clicking on Start, then Settings, then Printers and Faxes. That opens a screen showing my printer(s), then I right-click on the printer's name and select "Properties". The properties menu then has a "Utilities" tab, which I select to find Nozzle Check, Head Cleaning, and Head Print Alignment utilities. Click on Nozzle Check or Head Cleaning, and follow the on-screen instructions.

The menus with other printer brands will be different in detail, but should be similar in function.

Like this post
stlucia

Likes # 0

Oops ... I see what printer you've got, in your heading. It doesn't alter my response ;-)

Like this post
eysha

Likes # 0

Many thanks for all the replies. I cleaned the nozzle and the head cleaning and it is now working again.
Maybe this is a thing with Epson printers.
anyway, May i wish you all a good holiday and again thanks for all the help. E

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

You need to use it regular, also keep it away from Heat

Like this post
eysha

Likes # 0

Thanks Woodchip, i don't really use it that often to be honest and it isn't near heat. I guess i can expect this to eep happening with not using it all the time. E

Like this post
stlucia

Likes # 0

Yes, just like a pen, if you don't use it for a while the ink dries up in the nozzles and needs cleaning out.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

You're never alone with a clone: How the App Store got taken over by copycats

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

The art of rebranding: Creative agency The Neighbourhood explains how & why it rebranded