We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Unable to view trailers on IMDB.com

Florio

Likes # 0

Being a film buff, I frequently visit click here., usually just for information regarding a particular film or actor. I would also like to view the trailers for forthcoming or recently released films, but cannot see anything when I click the play arrow on the relative screen. I DO have the lastest version of Adobe Flash player installed, so can only assume that my antivirus program (Avast) or Windows Defender or Firewall is blocking the site (I have Windows 7 Home Premium). Could someone kindly explain what to do (and where to go) to get these trailers to play?
Florio

Like this post
undyer

Likes # 0

"How do I get the video to play on my computer?

You can begin to play the video by clicking on the triangle "play" image sitting in the middle of the video player on this page.

If you do not see a video player on this page, you may not have Flash installed on your computer. To play a video, you need to have Flash 9+ installed on your computer. Versions of Flash are available for Mac, Windows, and Linux, and can be downloaded free of charge here.

If you have Flash 9+ installed on your computer and you still cannot see a video player, you may have installed Flash blocking or ad blocking software which prevents you from seeing this Flash video. To see the video, you will need to disable your blocking software on IMDb.com."

Like this post
Florio

Likes # 0

Thanks undyer, but I had already consulted this page. It's the disabling of the blocking software that I need help with, since the IMDB site gives no explanation whatsoever.

Like this post
undyer

Likes # 0

Sorry, I can't tell you where to look to enable Flash - mine is obviously enabled because I can watch the trailers.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Just tried the site and the videos don't play for me either. You Tube is ok though.

Like this post
undyer

Likes # 0

Like this post
undyer

Likes # 0

The trailers play for me, using Firefox, all flash videos play.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

On IE8, the player shows a white page but no streaming starts. Will try FF.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Ok on FF.

Like this post
undyer

Likes # 0

Videos also play on Safari Browser.

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

OK here with Firefox and Vista

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Videos leak as Microsoft sets 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

IBC 2014 news: video post, CG and VFX news from Adobe, Blackmagic, Eyeon and more

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...