We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Out of Memory at Line 12

Ex plorer

Likes # 0

Hi I have Goggled the problem but still uncertain.
My son has sent me an email of a message he gets and his Provider is Orange who send the warning.
The message reads (Out of line) I opened the attachment my son sent and it opened in Photoimpact saying (out of memory at line 12.)
His laptop is new high spec Sony Vaio 8Gig ram i7 processor etc.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

I think this may be the problem - Those messages indicate that you don't have enough RAM (your computer not his high spec one) OR it appears the attachment is too big.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Get the odd one myself when to many pages open at the same time.

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

northumbria61
My computers fine, Its the Sony that gets the warning messages from his Provider who is orange.
I use Tiscali. I see how it could be misread

buteman
I will ask him how many pages he had open and what he was doing at the time.

Thanks for the replies

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

I use IE8 with tabs switched off.ISP Virginmedia.
Sometimes have about 10 pages open at the same time and I get that message usually when using the arrows to remove pages that are open.
I am sure it is the same one Out of memory at line 12.
About 10 seconds later I get a pop up telling me it has to shut down.I usually press the X or Ok but it only shuts down the one page leaving the rest open.
I would say that I only get this problem about twice or three times a week so it doesn't really annoy me that much.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

It could be something like this.

click here

I am forever turning script off to Browse Quicker.
Using IE8 I go to tools.Developers tools.Disable and click on script.
So quite possibly a script problem.

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

Sorted it well sort of it only happens when on the home page of orange his ISP.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more