We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Belkin or Netgear Router?

snowy30

Likes # 0

Can somebody suggest what router they would recommend from the links below? I'm after a router to connect my Blu-ray player downstairs to the internet which is upstairs, would you recommend any of them below?

click here

click here

click here

Like this post
snowy30

Likes # 0

Thanks for your help.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

The first two links are for Cable Modems which can only be used with Virgin whereas the last one is an ADSL Modem Router for a BT type connection. The first thing you need to tell us is who your ISP is.

You`re also comparing routers with Wireless N capability (First two) with the older, but adequate Wireless G standard. Wireless N is obviously better but to make best use of the increased range and speeds you would need all the equipment to be using the same. What are the two computers you are using and when you say "Connect your Blueray player to the Internet" - what exactly are you trying to do?

Like this post
snowy30

Likes # 0

I'm with Virgin

I want to link my Blu-ray, using a Sony adapter, to a wireless router so as I can connect to the internet.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Please clarify - you have a computer upstairs which connects to the internet via Virgin Cable? Downstairs you have a Blueray player - Is that in another computer or just stand alone? What precisely is the make and model of that device?

Also still not sure why you want to connect the bluray player to the upstairs computer.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone Air release date rumours, specs, leaked photos: 5.5in iPhone 6 expected

IDG UK Sites

Alternatives to iPad Air: iPad Air vs best tablets from Samsung, Sony, Microsoft, Google & more

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Apple launches a new Swift blog, signaling language's importance