We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

.Net Frameworks

n4165si

Likes # 0

I am still having problems with these Frameworks,i have uninstalled 3.5 sp1 and attempted to uninstall Net framework 2,and cannot,i got the Dotnetfx fix but when i attempt to use it ,it states that Framework 2 is not compatable with the one already installed,now as all my Frameworks have come through Automatic Microsoft downloads i am at a loss as what they can be referring to. Microsoft does not answer any incident reports i have sent them. I am using XP Home sp3.
Has anyone any suggestions as to how i should proceed

Like this post
cocteau48

Likes # 0

You could try redownloading and reinstalling 3.5sp1.
During the install you will be given the choice of repair or install .... choose repair.

As 3.5sp1 includes 2.0 then there is a chance that may help to rectify your problems.

Hope that helps.

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

I had a lot of problems with .NET Framework a short time ago click here

I resolved it eventually by downloading and using the .NET Cleanup tool as described click here and also download from here.

I had to run the tool twice before it cleaned everything out and I was able to install the complete .NET framework family and updates again. Worth a note, the whole .NET Framework download is around 400MB so it will take some time reinstating everything.

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Forgot the tool link click here

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Did a bit more digging into my past downloads.

Another source for the cleanup tool click here

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 and .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1

click here This is some 230MB!!

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update

click here

Like this post
n4165si

Likes # 0

johndrew
I have again uninstalled Net Framework 3.5 sp1 and then attempted to uninstall Net Framework 2, but a little way in uninstalling, a panel comes up with Net Framework 2 cannot be uninstalled as other areas rely on this framework.
As Net framework 3.5 sp1 incorporates Net Framework 2 ,why cannot i uninstall this Framework as i believe that it is this that is causing all my problems,
any ideas

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Have you used the dotnetfx_cleanup_tool tool as described in the link as the "last resort for cases where install, uninstall or repair did not succeed"?

I had to run it twice before it fully cleared my PC and I was able to install the "family" package. Simply removing one part of .NET Framework doesn`t work in my experience.

You could also use the MS Install Cleanup Tool (msicuu2.exe) which MS told me was available from click here but which I already had installed. It is also available from click here.

Like this post
n4165si

Likes # 0

johndrew
I have down loaded your suggestions ,but cannot open them because it states that Script Hosting has been disabled on this machine,how do i correct this ?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Enable Script Hosting in XP - click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'