We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Question Re - CampicRestor

six-h

Likes # 0

Just browsing and came across yet another member seeking to recover lost images.
It made me check my programmes, since I recall downloading this from Rigga's site but I couldn't find it installed.
Further searching revealed I had tucked it away in it's own folder, unpacked but not installed. I've even made a folder for its recovered files!
It must be an "age thing", can't remember why I didn't just install it!
Can anyone advise? lol

Like this post
Technotiger

Likes # 0

It is a grrreat little program. I would advise installing it, could save your bacon at some time in the future.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

If you have the Program file just double click it to install then run in default stage first after choosing the Media you want to get files back. If it from a Hard Drive I suggest you change Default save folder to another big drive or External USB drive as there will be lots of files it will find

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

PS it uses very little room on the drive and nothing runs until you use it, so I would say after Install just leave it till you need it

Like this post
InTheCity

Likes # 0

Got my daughters photos back off a formatted pen drive,one word superb!

Like this post
six-h

Likes # 0

Thanks guys, I just wondered if I had not installed it for a reason, like maybe it "Auto ran", but aparently not!
I'll install it now, don't need it yet, but it'll at least remind me that I have it!! ;o)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more